• Barber Motorsports stars in new Xbox game commercial • U.S. Space & Rocket Center joins Smithsonian magazine’s ninth annual Museum Day Live! • Big week at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center • Auburn University’s Samford Hall on Broadway • Auburn University’s Rural Studo’s $20,000 home featured in Time Magazine • Wheeler National Wildlife […]
• Top 10 barbecue restaurants in the U.S. • Lucy Buffett honored as one of Alabama’s Retailers of the Year • Montgomery chef named as a semifinalist in national food competition • Annual Blue Marlin Grand Championship shatters state records – twice • Trail of Tears 175th anniversary commemoration • Centennial birthday celebration for Jesse […]
• Gulf Shores, Orange Beach tourism soars during summer • An Alabama Road Trip prompts accolades from visitor • Exhibit highlighting Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic stay in Bessemer jail cell to open in January • Decatur named to Food and Wine’s list of 20 Best Barbecue Cities • Record revenue summer for Point Mallard […]
If you like looking out from your balcony and seeing a scenic view while spending the night, then check out the series of stories that AL.com published on their website in August of 2013.
• Second annual Alabama Restaurant Week a success • Birmingham among Fodor’s top 14 places in the world to visit this fall • The History Channel Magazine features the Birmingham Children’s March and Mobile Trip Giveaway • Muscle Shoals culture celebrated at Fifth Annual ‘Shindig’ • Legislature decrees winners in fiddle, banjo, other categories at […]
• Dexter Avenue Baptist Church part of world-wide ‘Let Freedom Ring Celebration’ • Dutch journalist highlights Alabama on new Civil Rights website after visit to state • Alabama’s best rooms with a view: skydining over Muscle Shoals • Last chance to visit: Sequoyah Caverns closes Sept. 3 • Documentary with Elkmont ties wins Sidewalk award […]
• Alabama Restaurant Week under way • Alabama Restaurant Week aims to turn spotlight on local eateries • Historians to mark 200th anniversary of historic Fort Mims massacre • Jamie Foxx to host BBVA Compass Concert for Human Rights • Brian Jones promoted to public relations director • Regions Field named Ballpark of the Year […]
The Alabama Tourism Department and Luckie & Company presented the 2013 Alabama Tourism Department Update at the Alabama Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Huntsville on Sunday, August 18. The presentation is available to view here. Download this presentation on SlideShare