Andy Facer, who has served as Alabama’s main contact for tour operators in the U.K. & Ireland markets since 2017 has formed his own company with Alabama as his first account. Facer previously worked for Global Travel Marketing, a firm headed by Venessa Alexander, who’s decision to pursue other interest was advanced when Covid […]
International Group Travel
Group Travel News
The tragedies and triumphs that took place in Alabama during the 1950s and 1960s awakened an entire nation and the world to the reality of racial injustice. Now, tour companies in the U.S. and around the world can offer tours in which your clients will experience the legacy of those who changed history while they […]
International Tour Intineraries
6-day Tour Beginning and Ending in Atlanta The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., and the American Civil Rights struggles that shaped the world are highlighted in this road trip that includes important sites on the U.S. Civil Rights Trail. Highlights of this itinerary include tentative UNESCO World Heritage Sites Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, 16th […]
10-Day Tour Featuring Historic Southern Towns and Beautiful Beaches A holiday to USA’s South Coast is an exciting adventure filled with food, fun and sun. In this 10-day road trip you will see where America’s civil rights history took place in Montgomery and Birmingham, relax on the beach in Gulf Shores, party in Mobile and […]
15-Day Tour of Nashville, Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, Alabama’s coast, and New Orleans Note: For travelers using Atlanta as the gateway airport, they can start this circle tour in either Birmingham or Montgomery, both of which are only at 2.5 hour drive from the Atlanta airport. From the music industry in Nashville to the unlikely rural […]
Group Travel Resources
Final stages to listed on Tourism Exchange USA:
- Muscle Shoals Sound Studio
- Alabama Music Hall of Fame
- Freedom Line Tours
Anticipated to begin the process soon:
- Explore The South Alabama Birding Tour for April 2024
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Montgomery
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Montgomery/Selma/Tuskegee
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Birmingham
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Family Fun Birmingham
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Florence/Muscle Shoals
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for the Huntsville Area
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Mobile area
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Mobile
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Anniston & East Central Alabama
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for East Central Alabama
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for East Central Alabama Family Fun
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Auburn/Opelika & Alexander City
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Dothan-Eufaula
- All-in-One Alabama Multi-Attraction Ticket for Tuscaloosa
We encourage companies that wish to connect to suppliers of Alabama Tourism product to join the Tourism Exchange USA marketplace by going to this link https://tourismexchangeusa.com/get-connected/
To force change in the United States of America, many took to the streets in the 1960s in deliberate, non-violent confrontations to demand social justice. Montgomery, Birmingham and Selma, among others, were anvils on which civil rights victories were hammered.
Historic events transformed ordinary citizens like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr., Fred Shuttlesworth, Fred Gray and others into legends. Churches were protests were planned are today recognized.
This circle tour takes you on a journey where thousands risked their lives to reshape America. Their bravery and courage inspired the world.
Download this 5 day circle itinerary that starts and ends in Atlanta and includes Anniston, Birmingham, Selma Montgomery and Tuskegee.
To help contact tour companies with the resources they need, the Alabama Tourism Department has a searchable database of guides and transportation companies.
Click here and search by city and type of service needed; such as tour guide, tour operator, receptive operator, charter company or motorcoach company. All information, including classification of type of company is provided by the entity.
To view all of a type in Alabama, leave the city box blank
If you like looking out from your balcony and seeing a scenic view while spending the night, then check out the series of stories that AL.com published on their website in August of 2013.