• Alabama Music Hall of Fame set to reopen Oct. 17 • New York Daily News gives Muscle Shoals 4 out of 5 star review • Swampers to appear on the Late Show with David Letterman • Muscle Shoals movie opens this month in United Kingdom • Capri Theatre brings the Muscle Shoals documentary to […]
• Barber Motorsports stars in new Xbox game commercial • U.S. Space & Rocket Center joins Smithsonian magazine’s ninth annual Museum Day Live! • Big week at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center • Auburn University’s Samford Hall on Broadway • Auburn University’s Rural Studo’s $20,000 home featured in Time Magazine • Wheeler National Wildlife […]
• Top 10 barbecue restaurants in the U.S. • Lucy Buffett honored as one of Alabama’s Retailers of the Year • Montgomery chef named as a semifinalist in national food competition • Annual Blue Marlin Grand Championship shatters state records – twice • Trail of Tears 175th anniversary commemoration • Centennial birthday celebration for Jesse […]
• Gulf Shores, Orange Beach tourism soars during summer • An Alabama Road Trip prompts accolades from visitor • Exhibit highlighting Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic stay in Bessemer jail cell to open in January • Decatur named to Food and Wine’s list of 20 Best Barbecue Cities • Record revenue summer for Point Mallard […]
If you like looking out from your balcony and seeing a scenic view while spending the night, then check out the series of stories that AL.com published on their website in August of 2013.
• Second annual Alabama Restaurant Week a success • Birmingham among Fodor’s top 14 places in the world to visit this fall • The History Channel Magazine features the Birmingham Children’s March and Mobile Trip Giveaway • Muscle Shoals culture celebrated at Fifth Annual ‘Shindig’ • Legislature decrees winners in fiddle, banjo, other categories at […]
• Dexter Avenue Baptist Church part of world-wide ‘Let Freedom Ring Celebration’ • Dutch journalist highlights Alabama on new Civil Rights website after visit to state • Alabama’s best rooms with a view: skydining over Muscle Shoals • Last chance to visit: Sequoyah Caverns closes Sept. 3 • Documentary with Elkmont ties wins Sidewalk award […]
• Alabama Restaurant Week under way • Alabama Restaurant Week aims to turn spotlight on local eateries • Historians to mark 200th anniversary of historic Fort Mims massacre • Jamie Foxx to host BBVA Compass Concert for Human Rights • Brian Jones promoted to public relations director • Regions Field named Ballpark of the Year […]